Onyx Health is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Senior DevOps Engineer. As our new Senior DevOps Engineer, you will help to create a set of measures to assure the quality and control of engineering capability and performance. You’ll be responsible for leading the design and implementation of platform technologies to support the company’s emerging container, microservice and cloud-based applications and will define and manage the technology roadmap.
As a Lead DevOps Engineer, you’ll lead the implementation of our cloud hosted infrastructure. You will work with a team of DevOps Engineers to build scalable infrastructure that can support a high transactional, cloud hosted, public website. You’ll champion new ideas and tech, striving to make continuous improvements to our build and release pipelines.
This role would be ideally suited to Sr DevOps Engineer who has experience building and implementing a cloud hosted infrastructure from the ground up. You will have great, up to date working knowledge of AWS and/or Azure and be eager to work in a security orientated, continuous deployment environment. You’ll be passionate about driving technical excellence in our agile environment.
- Design, engineer and implement new cloud technology solutions in line with the product delivery roadmap.
- Maintain in-depth and up to date knowledge of Azure, AWS and GCP to ensure all appropriate options are considered to best support business requirements.
- Act as the function Lead and subject matter expert to drive and resolve all necessary infrastructure needs.
- Build and operate secure cloud-based infrastructure and services.
- Support scalable and highly available environments across all cloud services.
- Work with our internal delivery teams to build understanding of DevOps principles.
- Lead all technical decisions required to ensure scalable, and secure infrastructure.
- Continually looking for ways to improve of our CI/CD pipelines and release processes -designing and developing pipelines to deliver multiple daily releases to production.
- Working closely with our Development Technical Leads and Project/Program Manager to optimize delivery and IT operations processes.
- Overseeing the day-to-day deployment process, testing and configuration of software releases, DevOps pipelines, monitoring tools, and other supporting technologies.
- Responsible for mentoring DevOps team members.
- Experience in the healthcare IT industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree or MS in Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years of experience with development and scripting languages
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a DevOps Engineer, with a proven track record of building infrastructure as code.
- Robust knowledge of Azure and/or AWS.
- Strong knowledge of cloud security and governance.
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience within monitoring and alerting tools such as Datadog, New Relic etc.
- Demonstrable experience of working in an Agile environment with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines.
Nice to have
- Experience within an agile environment, building infrastructure from scratch.
- The ability to technical mentor a team of DevOps Engineers to achieve technical excellence.
- A background within Development.
- Experience working on a team using Scrum or other Agile project framework
- Experience with both Azure and AWS
- Azure and/or AWS Certifications preferred
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
- Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
- Should be deadline and closure oriented.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
- High Energy Levels. Should be self-driven.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.
Onyx Health is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Onyx Health is a proud veteran friendly employer.